Fort Worth District
Lakes and Recreation Menu
Hunting at Grapevine Lake
Grapevine Lake Hunting Information
For the Grapevine Lake Mobile Hunting Map, scan the QR code below with your smart phone.
To access the Grapevine Lake Mobile Hunting Map on your computer, click HERE
For a printable version of the Grapevine Lake Hunting map, click
For the 2023-2024 General Hunting Application, click HERE
For a 2022-2023 Deer Season Survey Results, click HERE
2021-2022 Deer Season Survey Results, click HERE
For a 2020-2021 Deer Season Survey Results, click HERE
Please send all applications, questions, surveys, or other information regarding the hunting at Grapevine Lake to CESWF-Grapevine-Hunting@usace.army.mil
2023-2024 hunting season information
White-tailed Deer Hunting Archery Only:
The 2023-2024 Grapevine Lake Deer draw has concluded.
- All drawn hunters have been notified via E-mail.
- Please check your junk or spam folders just in case the email was sent there.
- The E-mails were sent around 1pm Friday, September 8th. If you did not receive an E-mail, you were not drawn.
- All drawn hunters are required to confirm they received their permit, if you do not confirm that you received it, we will be reaching out to you again to confirm.
250 Permits will be issued in a lottery system. Application for the 2023-2024 season is over.
Quota permits for deer will be issued based on current best management practices
for White-tailed Deer populations, and harvest guidelines. Applications may be submitted via email, mailed, or dropped off in person
to the office located at 110 Fairway Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051 between
1 July 2023 - 31 July 2023
. Applications will be available
online when the application period opens. Party leaders will be notified ONLY if their application is drawn, and permits will be emailed to the drawn hunters. There will be no redraw. Those who get drawn for the archery deer hunt are allowed to harvest
feral hogs with this permit WITHIN deer season ONLY. Each application must be filled out completely and the waiver of liability must
be signed by each person on the application or the whole permit gets voided for the lottery.
SEASON DATES: 30 Sep. 2023 - 7 Jan. 2024, plus special late season 8 Jan. 2024 – 21 Jan. 2024 (See TPWD Outdoor Annual for restrictions
and bag limits). Hunters must follow all Federal and State hunting laws and regulations.
REMINDER: All hunters who were drawn in the previous season, but did not submit an end of the year survey, will be disqualified from the drawing.
Youth White-tailed Archery Deer Hunting:Youth 16 years or younger may archery hunt White-tailed Deer without a permit. We want to promote youth in the outdoors, a waiver of liability must still be filled out prior to hunting. Applicants that are 16 years old must have proof of hunter’s education or be accompanied. Applicants that are 15 years old or younger must be accompanied. SEASON DATES: 30 Sep. 2023 - 7 Jan. 2024, plus special late season 8 Jan. 2024 – 21 Jan. 2024 (See TPWD Outdoor Annual for restrictions). Hunters must follow all Federal and State hunting laws and regulations.
While adults are accompanying the youth hunters, they may not hunt nor carry a weapon unless they were drawn to hunt deer at Grapevine Lake. For the 2023-2024 Youth Liability Waiver, click HERE
UPDATE: Grapevine Lake’s Hunting map has been updated to clear up some common areas of confusion. The waterfowl zone has been split into two zones along with adding a few small no hunting zones where hunting was already illegal. This does not change any of our enforcement but rather clears things up so we do not run into issues we have been seeing. The “Waterfowl Hunting – Watercraft” zone is only permitted to be hunted by watercraft only. No hunting from shore is allowed in said zone. The other waterfowl area does permit hunting the lake from shore. This has already been a rule of thumb but we did not feel it was clearly stated before.500 permits are issued first come-first serve basis. Permits will be issued to applicants with a properly filled out Grapevine Waterfowl Hunting Application. Applications will be accepted and issued starting 1 August 2023 until they are all issued. (THEY MAY TAKE A WHILE TO BE DISPERSED. PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE WITH THE PROCESS). The application MUST be submitted on-line. All applications received before 1 August 2023 will be thrown out. Shooting hours end at noon each day of the season. (See TPWD Outdoor Annual for season dates per species). Hunters must follow all Federal and State hunting laws and regulations
800 General hunting permits will be issued on a first come-first serve for all legal game identified by TPWD for Denton County (excluding white-tail deer and waterfowl). Applications will be accepted and issued starting Tuesday 15 August 2023 until they are all issued. The application MUST be submitted on-line in PDF format. (See TPWD Outdoor Annual for species and season dates). Hunters must follow all Federal and State hunting laws and regulations.
Lake Wide Special Restrictions:
- White-tailed Deer and feral hog hunting are by archery only (includes crossbows).
- All other legal game may be taken with a shotgun using shot size not larger than #2.
- You must be 600 feet from homes, developed parks, roads and farm/ranch yards while hunting. This includes Trophy Club Park and its shoreline!
- Shooting for fun, practice or at targets is prohibited.
- Night hunting is not allowed.
- Trapping of any kind is prohibited
- Sport chasing with dogs is prohibited
- Non-bark penetrating portable tree stands as well as free standing stands are allowed. However, any blinds/tree stands used must be completely removed from project lands upon completion of each hunting day
- HUNTERS ORANGE: Hunters must wear at least 400 square inches of hunters orange material when hunting and are also required to wear some type of orange head wear. Hunters exempt from this requirement are : persons hunting deer or turkey or feral hog or waterfowl and migratory birds. Hunter orange is highly recommended for hunter’s safety.
- Possession of manual or electronic varmint calling devices, baits, or lures is prohibited while hunting. Again, no baiting of any kind !!!
- Waterfowl decoys are allowed!
Questions:Please contact a Park Ranger at 817-865-2600 Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm or by email
Click here for State of Texas hunter education information.
Click here for State of Texas hunting information, including regulations, limits, seasons, and other useful information.
Click here for Texas Parks and Wildlife Outdoor Annual.