Fort Worth District
Lakes and Recreation Menu


Gate Attendant Contracts

Gate attendants are an essential part of the Corps of Engineers recreational program. These people are private individuals who work under contract for the Corps of Engineers. There are NO volunteer gate attendant positions at this time.
Some of the contract requirements for Murrell Park on Grapevine Lake include:

  • Two-person team. Someone must be in the gate house at all times during gate house hours. Gate house hours for the summer are 6 am to 10 pm and for the winter are 10 am to 8 pm.
  • An RV to live on-site during your shift. Gate attendants must remain on site after gate house hours. Shifts are four days on then four days off.  RV must be a self-contained recreational type RV or trailer. The government provides a 30 or 50 amp campsite with electrical, water and sewer service. A phone line is provided in the gate house at government expense.
  • Cleaning supplies for the gatehouse. Gate attendants are responsible for the cleaning of the gate house and area surrounding the complex. These supplies are to be purchased by the contracted gate attendants.

Responsibilities include but are not limited to registering campers and visitors using the computer system, collecting fees from campers, maintaining campground and reservation status reports, putting together required fee paperwork, posting or assisting campers with reservations, providing general information to the visiting public and informing campers and visitors of park rules. Additional duties are identified in the Grapevine Lake Gate Attendant Scope of Work.

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will provide the RV site in Murrell Park which accommodates a 30 or 50 amp model. Murrell Park utilizes the National Recreation Reservation Service (NRRS) computer system and software. Computer paper, fee books, fee collecting supplies and maps and brochures will be provided by the government. It is not required but experience in computer program use is preferred.

Prospective bidders are required to supply a DUNS number (obtained from Duns and Bradstreet at 1-800-335-0505 or at ). After receipt of the DUNS number, bidders must register through Central Contractor Registration at 1-888-227-2423 or at Contracts will not be awarded to bidders who are not registered.
Once you are registered with CCR, you will receive a Trading Partner Identification Number (TPIN) and issued a Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code. The CAGE code is required when the bid is submitted. The TPIN is proof that you are registered in the CCR database.

To view the current gate attendant solicitation visit Type W9126G in the search box and look for the Trinity Region Gate Attendant solicitation in the Fort Worth District. The scope of work will be listed under Grapevine Lake, Murrell Park.

If you have any questions about the Murrell Park gate attendant program at Grapevine Lake please contact Ranger Ami Granger at 817-865-2600.

Wear your life jacket