Fort Worth District
Lakes and Recreation Menu


Frequently Asked Questions

How can my son or daughter volunteer a project for Eagle Scout or Gold Award?

The Corps of Engineers has many great opportunities for volunteers. To learn more about those opportunities, contact our volunteer coordinator, Matthew Hackler at (254) 756-5359 .

What is the record for the largest fish caught out of the lake?

Texas Parks and Wildlife provide this information on their website Texas Parks & Wildlife

Where do I report illegal dumping on Government property?

Contact Waco Lake Park Rangers at (254) 756-5359 , or the McLennan County Sheriff Department at 254-757-5000 .

Can I operate my ORV/OHV on Corps land at Waco Lake?

No, all vehicles must be "Street Legal" and have a valid State license plate and registration. We currently do not allow off-road vehicle use at the lake.

What facilities are available for a family reunion?

Waco Lake offers facilities for large groups within Airport Park (camping), Airport Beach , and Twin Bridges (day use).

What is the current lake elevation?

Check out our front page!

Some documents on this site require the Adobe PDF Reader. Click here to download the reader.
Wear your life jacket