Fort Worth District
Lakes and Recreation Menu
Welcome to Canyon Lake
Local Water and Weather Conditions
Fort Worth District Map
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Canyon Lake Office
601 C.O.E. Road
Canyon Lake, Texas 78133
Hours: M-F 8am - 4:30pm
Phone: (830) 964-3341
Fax: (830) 964-2215
US Army Corps of Engineers Home Page.
Some documents on this site require the Adobe PDF Reader. Click here to download the reader.
Latest News and Updates
For information on Mobility Assistance Device use in Corps Parks, please read the Policy Here . For more information or to be issued a permit please contact the lake Manager.
Please click on the link below to see the latest ruling and guidelines set up
by Comal County.
Comal County Fire Marshall
Click on the link below to see the guidleines for burning and cooking in the parks during a burn ban. Park Rules Picture Guide
As of June 4th 2021, Canyon Lake's camping and RV parks are now on the reservation system . This means you can not get a site unless you have a reservation.
Please access Recreation.Gov online to book a site; you can book 6 months in advance. The following parks are listed.
- Potters Creek Park: RV and tent camping
- Cranes Mill Park: RV and tent camping
- North Park: Primitive tent camping (starting June 4th, 2021)
Pack it in, Pack it out
We ask that you help reduce the litter on the ground. We have increased the number of collection locations. Bring your litter to the dumpster so the shore stays clean. Always remember to recreate responsibly.
The following activities are ILLEGALat Canyon Lake. Please refer to Title 36. Link provided HERE .
|Cliff Diving||Swim in designated swim areas: Comal Park, Canyon Park|
|Destruction of Public Property by LITTER||Pack It In, Pack It Out. We provide trash receptacles in ALL park. Please use them.|
|Camping in areas not designated for camping like the shore and islands.||
You MUST be in a designated park and campsite
Use RECREATION.GOV for Camping opportunities.
|Consumption of Alcohol in Overlook Park||Alcohol and water does not mix.|
PLEASE PACK IN, PACK OUT all your trash and personal items.
Comal Park and Canyon Park
- Under New Management
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers no longer manages Comal Park or Canyon Park.
- We still own the facilities, but they have been leased to WORD of Comal County.
- If you have any questions, or concerns related to the park, please check their website shown below or give them a call.
Office: (830) 907-2300
America The Beautiful Passes
You May pick up any Pass directly at the Cranes Mill Gatehouse.
You may also go online to make such purchases at
If you need information, please contact us at (830) 964-3341.
Water Safety Message
This month we are covering The Top 5 Excuses for NOT wearing a life jacket.
- Excuses Don't Save Lives, Life Jackets Do
- Drop The Excuse, Pick Up the Jacket
- Use the link below to access our monthly message with links to articles and videos.