Fort Worth District
Lakes and Recreation Menu
Thank you for your interest in being a part of the Town Bluff Team! The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at B.A. Steinhagen Lake/Town Bluff Project is a diverse team of employees, contractors, and volunteers; working together, we provide high-quality outdoor recreation and natural resources experiences. Your enthusiasm for stewarding our nation's public lands is vital to the success of our missions and our ability to serve the American public.
The Town Bluff Team works and plays hard. If you think you've got what it takes, fill out the application below and submit it to the Volunteer Coordinator at the email or address on the right. Please be sure to include the following:
1. Accurate contact information, including email address.
2. Specific position(s) in which you are interested and locations.
3. Months you are available. Use your crystal ball to try and forsee where you want to be a year from now. There may not be openings now, but your application will stay on file for quite some time.
Once your application is received, the volunteer coordinator follows these steps:
1. Application received and reviewed
2. Interviews conducted, references requested if needed.
In order to be efficient, the volunteer coordinator strives to hire 2 times a year for winter and summer positions. Additional times will be conducted as needed. Don't get discouraged if you aren't selected, we get many applications and sometimes your skills aren't what we need at the moment. Your application will be kept on file for a minimum of one year.
3. Selections made, background checks conducted
EVERY volunteer in contact with the public or sensitive information will have a background screening conducted.
4. Join the team!