Fort Worth District
Lakes and Recreation Menu
Camping at Town Bluff Dam & B.A. Steinhagen Lake
Camping is authorized only in designated Campgrounds on Town Bluff Project. The US Army Corps of Engineers manages
3 developed Campgrounds
on B.A. Steinhagen: Magnolia Ridge, Sandy Creek and Campers Cove Parks (Campers Cove currently closed for renovation),
13 primitive campsites
along the Angelina and Neches Rivers, and leases Martin Dies, Jr.
to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
To view a Lake map, click HERE.
Campsites can be reserved online at Recreation.gov , by calling 1-877-444-6777, or in person at the gatehouse. We recommend reservations on weekends during the summer, and all major holidays. Campsites for Spring Break, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving should be reserved well in advance!
- Only two camping units per site are allowed
- 8 people maximum allowed on each site overnight
- Gates lock at 10 pm each night
- Dumping of gray and black water is only allowed at the dump station
- Checkout time is 1:30 pm.
- Extension policies vary depending on the season.
- Quiet hours will be maintained in the park from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
- Off-road vehicles (four-wheelers and those which are not "street legal" such as golf carts) are prohibited in the park
- All Title 36 Rules and Regulations apply.