Fort Worth District
Lakes and Recreation Menu


Gate Attendant Contracts

Gate attendants are an essential part of the Corps of Engineers recreational program.  These people are private individuals who work under contract for the Corps of Engineers.  Contracts at Hords Creek Lake require a two-person team.

Responsibilities include collecting user fees, registering campers and visitors, maintaining campground status reports, reservation reports, user fee collection reports, posting campsite reservations, providing general information to the visiting public, surveillance of use fee compliance, and informing visitors of rules and regulations.  Additional duties are identified in the Hords Creek Lake Gate Attendant Scope of Work.

The attendants are responsible for cleaning the gate house and the immediate area surrounding the entrance complex.  They are also responsible for cleaning their own trailer site.  Gate attendants are required to purchase all supplies necessary to perform these duties.

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will provide all necessary fee collection supplies.  All parks utilize the Recreation One Stop (R1S) computer system and software.  Computer paper, maps and brochures will be provided by the government.

Gate attendants are required to live in the campground on a site provided by the Corps of Engineers. The gate attendants are required to provide a self-contained recreational type RV or trailer.  The government provides a campsite with electrical, water and sewer service.  A phone line is provided in the gate house at government expense. Private phone lines may be available at the gate attendant's expense.

Basic Requirements: The following requirements for submitting a quote and receiving an award are now mandatory for conducting business with the DOD Government.

1. You must first obtain a DUNS number from Dun & Bradstreet by visiting

2. You must then register at Once you register with SAM you will be issued a Commercial & Government Entity (CAGE) code. The CAGE code is required when bid is submitted.

3. You are now ready to register with Federal Business Opportunities at so that you can find available bids. (This is the only site where you can find USACE contracting jobs)

For help go to the Federal Service Desk at: or contact them at 866-606-8220.

Wear your life jacket