Fort Worth District
Lakes and Recreation Menu
Water Safety Programs
We hope that your visit is safe and enjoyable.
Please take a few moments to read the following precautions that should be taken when at the lake.
- Learn to swim.
- Never swim alone.
- Swim only in designated areas.
- Watch children at all times. NEVER leave a child unattended while near the water.
- Wear a lifejacket. Children under the age of 13 are required by law to wear PFDs while on the water in the State of Texas.
- Alcohol and water do not mix. NEVER consume alcohol while boating or swimming.
- Never rely on toys such as inner tubes and rafts to stay afloat.
- Do not over estimate your ability to swim.
- Never dive into lakes or rivers.
- Boaters should observe all warning signs and buoys. Please use caution when boating in unfamiliar waters.
Personal Water Craft Operations
- Each person on board a PWC must wear a Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (lifejacket).
- The PWC may be operated only between the hours of sunrise and sunset.
- The PWC may not be operated within 50 feet of other vessels, platforms, shoreline, person, or other object.
- All operators must be at least 16 years of age, unless they are accompanied by an individual 18 years of age or older or are 13 years of age or older and have taken a boating safety course.
Enjoy your visit and plan to return home safely!
Visit some of the following links to learn more about Water Safety