Fort Worth District
Lakes and Recreation Menu


Oil and Gas Lease Information

Oil and Gas Activities, Including (but not limited to)


As a steward of the environment, the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers at Sam Rayburn Project is required to insure that all appropriate environmental laws and regulations are strictly obeyed when involving lands under it’s authority.

Accordingly, all individuals and entities wishing to utilize or bore under such lands, (whether fee or flowage easement), must first obtain written permission from the Corps of Engineers.  Applications should be sent to the Sam Rayburn Project Office, RT. 3, Box 486, Jasper, Texas 75951, ATTN:  Environmental Specialist, and should include the following:

  • a letter application
  • a plat showing the location of the proposed location with reference to the appropriate government tract(s)
  • a Surface Use and Operations Plan

Additional information may be obtained by contacting or visiting the Sam Rayburn Project Office or the Town Bluff Reservoir Office, Monday thru Friday, from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM.

The Sam Rayburn Project Office may be reached by calling 409-384-5716.

The Town Bluff Lake Office may be reached at 409-429-3491

Wear your life jacket