Oil and Gas Lease Information

As a steward of the environment, the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers at the Sam Rayburn/Town Bluff Project is required to insure that all appropriate environmental laws and regulations are strictly obeyed when involving lands under it’s authority. 

Accordingly, all individuals and entities wishing to utilize or bore under such lands, (whether fee or flowage easement), must first obtain written permission from the Corps of Engineers.  Applications should be sent to the Sam Rayburn Project Office, RT. 3, Box 486, Jasper, Texas 75951, ATTN:  Environmental Specialist, and should include the following:

  1. a letter application, a plat showing the location of the proposed location with reference to the appropriate government tract(s), and

  2. a Surface Use and Operations Plan. 
Please click on the following links to review notices and Requirements:  (may take a minute to open)

Notice to Oil & Gas Lessees                           Requirements for Easement Submittals

Additional information may be obtained by contacting or visiting the Sam Rayburn Project Office or the Town Bluff Reservoir Office, Monday thru Friday, from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM..

 The Sam Rayburn/Town Bluff Enviromental Specialist may be reached by calling 409-384-5716
or by e-mail at Sam Rayburn/Town Bluff Environmental Specialist .

The Town Bluff Lake Office may be reached at 409-429-3491