U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Fort Worth District
819 Taylor Street
P.O. Box 17300
Fort Worth, TX 76102
The Corps of Engineers participates in Water Safety Activities whenever possible. The Waco Project Office Participates in Water Safety by going to local schools and giving water safety programs to children. The Corps utilizes videos, puzzles, tests, and live demonstrations to help kids learn about water safety and help prevent children from drowning.
Waco Project Office Park Rangers will go to any school, civic group, or function to help children and adults learn and practice water safety. In order to setup a program, call Waco Project Office at 254-756-5359 or click here to email us.
General Rules for Water Safety
1. Never Mix Water and Alcohol.
2. Learn to Swim.
3. Always Wear your Life Jacket, do not use inflatable toys or rafts as life saving devices.
4. Always swim in a Designated Swimming Area when Possible.
5. Never Leave Children without Adult Supervision.
6. Never Swim Alone.
7. Watch for tree stumps and other obstructions in low water.
8. Avoid Turbulent Waters.
9. Follow Boating "Rules of the Road."
10. Head to Weather Advisories.
Tips For Safe Boating
1. Follow Federal and State Boating Laws.
2. Learn the "Rules of the Road" and Follow Them.
3. Don't Mix Alcohol and Water.
4. Check your Safety equipment to make sure it is in working order.
5. Head to Weather Advisories.
6. Take a Boater Education Class.
7. Always wear your life vests when out on the lake.
U.S. Coast Guard Boating Safety Hotline 1-800-368-5647.
For more information contact the Waco Lake Project Office at (254) 756-5359 or click here to send an us an e-mail message.
American Red Cross
Safe Kids U.S.A.
Some documents on this site require the Adobe PDF Reader. Click here to download the reader.
This site last updated on
March 29, 2011