Stillhouse Hollow Lake is located 2 miles South of U.S. 190 on FM 1670 in Belton, Texas. The Lake itself is located 16 miles upstream of the confluence of the Lampasas and Leon Rivers that flow into the Little River. The lake is located 5 miles southwest of Belton, Texas. Stillhouse Hollow Lake is located entirely within Bell County.
Stillhouse Hollow Lake was completed in 1968 by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to assist with flood damage reduction within the Brazos River Basin. The lake also functions as a water supply, fish and wildlife habitat as well as providing recreation opportunities for the public.
For additional History CLICK HERE