Stillhouse Hollow (formally Lampasas) Lake is located 2 miles South of U.S. 190 on FM 1670 in Belton, Texas. The Lake itself is located 16 miles upstream of the confluence of the Lampasas and Leon Rivers that flow into the Little River. The lake is located 5 miles southwest of Belton, Texas. Stillhouse Hollow Lake is located entirely within Bell County. There is 58 miles of shoreline at conservation pool.
Construction began June 11, 1962 and was completed July 1968 with a conservation pool of 622.00 mean sea level (msl) of deliberate impoundment begining February 19,1968.
Flood Control Act approved September 3, 1954 (PL 83-780) (HD 535/81/2) allowed the construction of Lampasas Lake. The name of the lake was changed by PL 86-307 from "Lampasas" to "Stillhouse Hollow".
Maximum level reached 667.97 msl on March 4, 1992
Minimum level reached 610.31 msl on December 5, 1988
The project cost to build Stillhouse Hollow Lake was $24,507,000.00.
The purpose of the dam was for flood damage reduction, water conservation, fish and wildlife habitat, and general recreation.
OTHER PERTINANT INFORMATION:
The dam including the spillway is 15,624 foot long (including spillway and dike). The dam is constructed of rolled earthfill. At the top of the conservation pool, elevation 622.00, the lake covers 6,430 surface acres. The crest of the spillway is 666.00 msl. The top of the dam is 698.00 msl.