U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Fort Worth District
819 Taylor Street
P.O. Box 17300
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Join our team!
Be sure to include accurate contact information, with email address if available.
Please specify locations and position(s) in which you are interested. Take a look at the Volunteer Opportunities page for more information. All positions within Bardwell, Benbrook, Grapevine, Joe Pool, Lavon, Lewisville or Ray Roberts Lakes are selected through the Community Resources Coordinator for the region.
Be sure to indicate months/days you are available and of what year if possible. There may not be openings now, but your application will stay on file 2 years and we will continue interviewing and matching candidates as position come available.
Complete one of these applications:
1. Applications received are reviewed by the Community Resources Coordinator and, if appropriate, scheduled for an interview.
2. Interviews are done via telephone in most cases and are scheduled in advance. Someone will call you to schedule to insure we don’t catch you at a bad time. Interviews average 30 min in length. We strive to interview and match potential park host volunteers to positions 6 months in advance of start date. However, we continue interviewing and matching until all positions are filled. If you live in the area and want to volunteer without becoming a park host, we encourage you to do so. We have many volunteer opportunities that do not require living within our parks. Don’t hesitate to apply at anytime, as openings come up throughout the year unexpectedly. We will work to find the best match for our mission and your skills regardless of timing. If you’re not called for an interview or are not selected for a position right away please be patient; we get many applications and sometimes your skills aren't what are needed at the moment. All applications stay on file for 2 years. If you want to know the status of your application you may email or call Sara Kinnard at Sara.B.Kinnard@usace.army.mil or 469-645-9075.
3. If your skills match a need at one of our 7 regional lakes your application and interview notes will be forwarded to the lake site coordinator for review and possible second interview. At that time they will either make a contingent position offer or inform the Community Resources Coordinator to place the candidate elsewhere.
4. Potential volunteers with contingent offers of a position are then screened for criminal history. All volunteers in a position of public trust must be screened. We are looking for any record of “crimes with a weapon, crimes against a person, or violent crimes”. These are all disqualifiers for our program.
5. Join the team! Once your background investigation is received and reviewed by the community resources coordinator (2-5 days) all arrangements for your arrival and orientation will be confirmed.
Check out our Volunteer Home Page, Opportunity Page, and News Page for more information!
The application on this site requires the Adobe PDF Reader. Click here to download the reader.
This site last updated on
April 2, 2012