The Belton/Stillhouse Lake Office is located 1 mile south of US 190 on FM 1670 in Belton, Texas. Belton Lake is located on the Leon River 16.7 miles upstream of the confluence of the Leon River and the Little River. It is in the northern part of Bell County, Texas about three miles north of the City of Belton and approximately eight miles west of the City of Temple, Texas. The Lake area lies within Bell and Coryell Counties.
Belton Lake was completed in 1954 by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to assist with flood damage reduction within the Brazos River Basin. The lake also functions as a water supply, fish and wildlife habitat as well as providing recreation opportunities for the public.
For additional History CLICK HERE
This site last updated on
October 26, 2016